A2 Hosting claims that its reputation is on high powered hosting which makes its speed and reliability as the top priority. A2 calls its SSDs called as the Turbo Servers can load the pages up to 20 times faster than the non-SSD server.
A2 has no top speed limits either to its high-end clients. Its shared hosting plans also feature the Turbo Servers, even if the users are paying only a few bucks a month for their plans.
The A2 Hosting has won plenty of top hosting awards and it is consistently ranked as high on the best hosting lists. A2 promises a 99.9% uptime on all its servers. But if the users complain about a problem, then its customer support team is available around the clock.
The Green Hosting:
It is worth that A2 Hosting is committed to green energy practices. A2 is partnered with the carbon fund to offset and reduce the carbon footprint with the Future Serve program. Since 2007 A2 has been 100% carbon neutral.
Whether the user is a newbie to create his first blog or an advanced developer who is looking to mine the bitcoin or other cryptos with his own OpenStack cloud, A2 Hosting is always worth adding to their list of consideration.
An Overview of A2 Hosting:
Bryan Muthig is the founder of A2 Hosting and it is well known for the high powered and easy-to-use web hosting services. Its turbo servers promise faster page load which is 20X faster when compared to standard hosting.
The core goal of A2 is to create and maintain a good web hosting company where its own staff wants to use the services provided by them. Above all, it offers a free solid-state of drives abbreviated as SSD, along with unlimited data storage and transfer, a free site migration that loads more and easily.
The cheapest web hosting plan of A2 is 272.05 per month. It also offers a full refund within the 30 days’ time period or gives its users a prorated refund for the unused service after the 30 days.
A2 Hosting which is a web hosting company was founded in 2001 under its original name as Iniquinet. It was designed to handle a small number of clients. But, by 2003, it has gained a lot more clients than it has anticipated.
The name was then changed to A2 Hosting, which is named after Ann Arbor, Michigan, which is the town where the whole story began and slowly it has continued to grow.
A2H is also a green hosting company that is partnered with the Carbonfund.org that which majorly works towards reducing the effects of climate change across the globe.
A2 Hosting has proudly claimed to be the 100% carbon neutral company since 2007. The Icelandic data center does not have any carbon footprint due to its geothermal cooling system.
Site Speed and World Class Support:
As said earlier, the main goal is to create and maintain a good web hosting environment so that the staff themselves want to use it.
A2 has four main aspects which they mainly focus on:
- It’s lightning-fast loading times,
- It has the best developer tools.
- It has a good uptime of 99.9%.
- The first class, dedicated support team named as Guru Crew which is made available 24/7/365.
Amongst the most reliable web hosting providers which are available in the market A2 Hosting is one of them. Since a decade, the hosting company has delivered:
- A high-speed performance on the services provided.
- Its developer tools are of top quality.
- It provides a reliable uptime.
- It gives top customer satisfaction
- It is known to be a reputable one for the ultimate speed performance.
The most vital feature which is demanded by many of the companies today is the super-fast site loading times. The A2 Hosting’s swift server platform has been developed for the last 10 years by the IT gurus of the company.
To brief about all the features which are offered by the A2 Hosting it may take a few hours or few pages of notes because it is one of the major features in itself which demonstrates that the users will get a great deal of value for their money.
Features provided to boost a small business site:
The A2 Hosting stands out from its competitors by making sure that the user’s small business site performs optimally well:
- It provides SSD drives to enhance speed and performance.
- Its cloud hosting increases reliability.
- The Cloud Flare CDN improves the site loading time.
- It provides multiple back-ups.
- It offers unlimited storage and data transfer.
- A 24/7 support team is made available on all the hosting plans.
- A 99.9% uptime guarantee is given to the users.
- A range of SSL certificates to keep the user’s site secure.
- An advanced technology system is applied to make the user site load 20 times faster than the regular ones.
- The A2 Hosting has several features to make it stand out from its competitors.
These might be some of the key offerings, but it has quite a lot of unique and impressive features. It offers both the latest along with traditional options to balance all its services to make perfection.
Although they do have a few features which are offered by most of the other internet hosting companies, they still seem to get ahead of the competitor’s curve.
Solid-State Drives (SSD’s):
A2 Hosting uses the solid-state drives in almost all its hosting packages which are offered by them. When compared to the traditional hard disk drives, the SSDs perform much faster and also better.
The SSDs store information like the read and write requests in the microchips, while the traditional HDDs use the mechanical arms to process the information from a certain location to the others. These SSDs contribute a lot to the speed and the load time of the user’s site.
The two most common issues in every web hosting companies are the security and lack of control over the specific data.
With the advanced technology power, the A2 Hosting is supplemented with cloud hosting, which is a special hosting service provided for the users to help them to solve each and every issue at their hand which is another feature that makes A2 Hosting a much more reliable one. Therefore the users never worry about their sites going down or becoming unresponsive at times.
RAID-10 which is an abbreviation for Redundant Array of Independent Disks is the storage configuration that stores all the data in the multiple hard drives so to ensure zero data loss if any one of the hard drives fails.
This data which lost in the corrupted drive gets automatically stored in the other drives and this corrupted drive will just be replaced. This unique feature of backup will make A2 Hosting a reliable one amongst the others.
Top Developer Tools:
The users can get access to the most up-to-date developer tools which are available. They are provided with instant access to all the newer versions as they are released. If the user wants the latest and the best but does not want to manage it all by himself, he can then choose a plan where the A2H looks after everything for the user.
Green Web Hosting and Strong Infrastructure:
As A2 Hosting is just not like the other hosting company, the users can also gain access to its green hosting, which is a quadruple redundant network, along with a regular backup service.
The A2 Hosting also offers few additional features which provide further value to its hosting plans, this includes the increased support and few other several support options.
The below extra features show on how this web host will make the user’s website load faster:
- It provides a guaranteed 99.9% uptime to the users.
- Free support is made available through phone, live chat, and email which is 24/7/365
- It gives the users a choice of prime or prime + SSD (Solid State Drive).
- The SSDs boost the site loading speed up to 300% faster than the regular ones.
- The average load time of the page is 1.9 seconds.
- It provides unlimited bandwidth and data transfer along with unlimited storage.
- It gives its users unlimited email accounts.
- The free server rewind back-ups for an added security.
- It provides a risk-free money-back guarantee for the users.
- It has a single-click software installation.
A2 Hosting Plans:
The A2 Hosting offers a wide range of plans to suit everyone’s need to be it from the simple blog owner to the most advanced corporate site in the market.
All its options give the user a super-fast performance to make their choices. They can choose from the basic shared, reseller, managed VPS, to the advanced managed dedicated hosting options.
Shared Hosting is the common web hosting plan which majority of the customers prefer to purchase. It is a kind of web hosting that is used for the most entry-level sites. All its plans have the same features as available for shared hosting plans along with few extras.
The main benefit is that the users have the privacy which is usually given to the dedicated servers but they can only pay the low shared hosting prices.
The additional features include the 24/7 network monitoring, A European and U.S. options are made available for the server locations, full control of the network, a 10 GB redundant network, an SSD option and much more. Even though if up to three U.S. servers go down, the user’s site will still be up.
VPS which is abbreviated as Virtual Private Servers are the plans which are usually used for the medium or large-sized websites. This hosting service is the virtual machine that can run a copy of its operating system.
It has most of the same features as that if the shared hosting but the VPS server has the following extras:
- It offers a dedicated RAM from 2048 MB to 4096 MB.
- It provides two dedicated IP addresses.
- It provides a Cloud Flare content network delivery.
If the user has his own server, then everything that the VPS is much more. Usually, the user will have to spend more on the server but it is worth. These dedicated servers are typically recommended for large enterprises.
Flex Dedicated Server:
This is an ideal one for experienced system administrators and developers. They can configure the server and have the Linux OS as an option, along with root access and a 24/7/365 the monitoring system of the server and the hardware maintenance.
Managed Flex Dedicated Server:
It is ideal for people who want a solution which is managed for them. It is already configured and have a free cPanel with a user-friendly management level and the HostGuard comprehensive management for the server.
Uptime and Performance:
The A2 Hosting promises its customers a 99.9% uptime guarantee. But, there can be instances like the outages and few problems beyond its control.
A2 has also mentioned that they are not responsible for the instances like the Distributed Denial of Services DDS and issues related to browser caching and the ISPs. These issues which are mentioned above are just often caused by the lack of maintenance and upgrades.
Before claiming on any kind of issue as a part of its shortcomings, or professional staff from the A2 Hosting run routine maintenance and installation on the upgrades first.
If issues are observed even after performing the mentioned tasks, A2 Hosting will then take full responsibility and will try to work things out there again, by professionally responding to the promised which they guarantee.
Also, these issues will not beat the fact that A2 Hosting is worth going through it. What exactly the A2 Hosting lacks in few aspects, is they make up with the SwiftServer.
The SwiftServer is the latest advanced technology with a maximum level of specification that ensures an indisputable hosting performance.
Few of A2 Hosting’s top performance features:
- A Turbo Server which is 20 times faster than the regular servers.
- The special feature from the SwiftServer enables a high-speed performance in each and every user’s server.
- It is driven by the Turbo Drives, where the sites load 20 times faster. The user’s great side will finally have a perfect along with a fast hosting match.
One of the goals of A2 Hosting is to provide the fastest speed performance for all its customers. Because of this, A2 Hosting has been frequently studying how to make the fastest hosting solution.
Caching, on the other hand, is one such feature that is discovered by A2 Hosting where it involves the use of Ram or any other hard disk and works with the Turbo Cache by producing a full speed web experience for all its users.
Quadruple Redundant Network:
The SwiftServer provides this feature which allows its users to stay connected even when several of the US A2 Hosting data centers and their links go down.
The A2 Hosting firmly believes in its best customer service which is made available 24/7/365. While few companies claim to offer a very similar service, but the users need to most likely leave a message if they need help at 3 am because the staff from the other companies do not work at night.
The A2H also offers a personal touch. If the users give a ring at 3 am, they may be asked to leave a message if they are busy with calls at the same time but and this makes a significant difference, as the users will get a call back as quickly as possible.
If the customers go through the testimonials from the existing customers of the A2H, they can see this happening.
If the customer’s website goes down for any kind of reason, it can cost them a great deal in terms of both revenue and the potential to new clients.
The A2 Hosting provides a 99.9% uptime guarantee and its technical experts will work tirelessly to ensure that their online business will remain live at all times.
The A2 Hosting uses the most advanced data centers and many industry best practices to make sure that the user’s site has all the latest security patches.
If A2 Hosting is not ideal for the user’s needs, he will receive a full refund within a period of 30 days or a pro-rata refund on the unused services if they cancel it after 30 days.
Extra Features of A2 Hosting: The users can receive some attractive freebies which are worth noting and they are:
- It provides a website magazine subscription for free.
- It offers $50 Bing or Yahoo Ad Credits.
- The user’s site is listed in Google within 24 hours with the Attracta.
- Also, the users can get a free iContact email marketing trial. They can get discounts on WordPress themes or from the Tesla Themes.
An SSL Certificate called Secure Socket Layer is a digital certificate that verifies the identity of the website and it encrypts the data which is sent between the website and the user’s server.
This provides an added layer of security which is vital for the sites that accept payments. It also changes the user’s site address from http://www.example.com to https://www.example.com.
The A2 Hosting offers many SSL certificates to fit the site’s needs, which includes a basic SSL for free and the Advanced SSL for top-level business protection.
A2 HOSTING PROS AND CONS
A2 Hosting has its own lots of pros and cons to weigh up while considering it as the user’s new web host. So, they make the right choice for their hosting needs. Before they decide, it is always recommended to look into the pros and cons.
- An expert English-speaking support staff is made available 24/7/365 with high quality through phone, email and live chat.
- The users can choose a server location from Europe, the USA or Asia.
- It provides many unmanaged and managed plans with plenty of options.
- It includes Free SSDs.
- The user’s reviews reveal that 96% of the reviews posted on its site certainly would suggest its friends and family to use A2H.
- It is ideal for users of WordPress and loads the pages six times faster.
- It provides a high-speed load performance when compared to several other hosting providers; the A2 Hosting performs at a very high speed. There may be few unresponsive times and pages, but this happens only once in a while.
- It either lags and loads delays, but they are only like a 1-second delay or something as such.
- The reseller hosting options are available for the hosting startups and the expert website designers.
- The Installation of programs is done automatically, quickly and securely.
- The 10 GB Quadruple redundancy network offers the users good peace of mind.
- It is a 100% carbon neutral.
- It does not support Mod_perl, HTMLDoc, Plexum, PDFLib, MS SQL or Cold Fusion.
- It has only two data centers. If the users or the target audiences are not located either in North America or in Europe, then they would want to find and choose the other nearer service provider.
- It provides a limited hosting plan for Windows hosting.
- It is slightly more expensive than the other hosting plans.
A2 Hosting offers plenty of diversity in its types of plans offered and several of inclusions are made available. The plans can be used for a huge variety of purposes and the users can manage their own site or can go for the A2H gurus to do it for them. It is already optimized for WordPress users when they open their account.
While they may pay a bit more the hosting and for the additional benefits and the features, the users are also getting a high quality and premium hosting that has around 99.9% uptime and a genuine 24/7/365 support from the team on the phone if the users have problems of any sort.